- Simultaneous evaluation of film thickness and composition
- Applicable to all film types
- Accepts 300 mm, 200 mm, and 150 mm wafers
- Capable of high analytical performance, accuracy, and stability
- Patented "diffraction avoidance" capability for accurate XRF results
- High-sensitivity Boron analysis (with AD-Boron channel)
- Solid-state, oil-free x-ray generator
- FOUP, SMIF, and through-the-wall configurations are available to meet the various needs of high-volume manufacturing wafer fabs
In-line, simultaneous WDXRF spectrometer
Film thickness and composition measurements on blanket wafers
Rigaku's WaferX 310 represents the culmination of 35 years of experience in the X-ray fluorescence analysis of thin films on silicon wafers. Specifically developed as an in-process metrology tool, the system incorporates "bridge tool" technology — servicing 6", 8", as well as the latest 12" wafers.
Simultaneous thickness and composition
The WaferX 310 is ideal for measuring BPSG, PSG and metal films. In addition, thin film BPSG, multilayered circuit film, WSix, electrode films, ferrodielectric thin films, FRAM, next generation DRAM, and SiOF are standard applications for this tool.
Analysis to support sub-micron technology
Highly accurate analyses for the ultralight elements such as B and P in BPSG film has been improved significantly by employing a 4kW high power X-ray tube with a super thin window beryllium window.
The instrument employs a wafer height adjustment mechanism to compensate for differences in wafer thickness and a diffraction avoidance mechanism to eliminate diffraction interference for the transition metals. Integrated FOUP(SMIF) is available, supporting the C-to-C standard. Various user cassettes can also be loaded. FOUP(SMIF) through-the-wall option is available.
|Product name||WaferX 310|
|Technique||Simultaneous wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence|
|Benefit||Thickness and composition of multi-layer stacks for 300 mm, 200 mm, and 150 mm wafers|
|Technology||4kW, Rh-anode, process WDXRF with factory automation|
|Core attributes||21 channels max., fixed type (₄Be ～₉₂U), scanning type (₂₂Ti ～₉₂U), CE marked, GEM-300, SEMI S2/S8|
|Core options||Available with 300 mm factory automation, 2 available FOUP (SMIF) load ports, AD-Boron channel|
|Computer||Internal PC, MS Windows® OS|
|Core dimensions||1200 (W) x 1950 (H) x 2498 (D) mm|
|Mass||1166 kg (core unit)|
|Power requirements||3Ø, 200 VAC 50/60 Hz, 50 A|