- Large sample analysis
- Up to 400 mm (diameter)
- Up to 50 mm (thickness)
- Up to 30 kg (mass)
- Sample adapter system
- Adaptable to various sample sizes
- Measurement spot
- 30 mm to 0.5 mm diameter
- 5-step automatic selection
- Mapping capability
- Allows multipoint measurements
- Sample view camera (option)
- General purpose
- Analyze Be - U
- Elemental range: ppm to %
- Thickness range: sub Å to mm
- Diffraction interference rejection (option)
- Accurate results for single-crystal substrates
- Compliance with industry standards
- SEMI, CE marking
- Small footprint
- 50% footprint of the previous model
Sequential wavelength dispersive XRF spectrometer for large samples
Film thickness and composition measurements on large and heavy samples, wafers, and media disks
Rigaku's unique AZX 400 sequential wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WD-XRF) spectrometer was specifically designed to handle very large and/or heavy samples. Accepting samples up to 400 mm diameter, 50 mm thick and 30 kg mass, this system is ideal for analyzing sputtering targets, magnetic disks, or for multilayer film metrology or elemental analysis of large samples.
XRF with customized sample adapter system
Having the versatility to adapt to your specific sample types and analysis needs, this WDXRF spectrometer is adaptable to various sample sizes and shapes using optional (made to order) adapter inserts. With a variable measurement spot (30 mm to 0.5 mm diameter, with 5-step automatic selection) and mapping capability with multi-point measurements to check for sample uniformity, this uniquely flexible instrument can dramatically streamline your quality control processes.
XRF with available camera and special lighting
Optional real-time camera allows the analysis area to be viewed within software. The operator has complete certainty as to what is being measured.
Traditional WDXRF analytical capabilities
All analytical capabilities of a traditional instrument are retained in this "large sample" variant. Analyze beryllium (Be) through uranium (U) with high-resolution, high-precision WDXRF spectroscopy, from solids to liquids and powders to thin films. Analyze wide composition ranges (ppm to tens of percent) and thicknesses (sub Å to mm). Optionally available is diffraction peak interference rejection, for optimal results for single-crystal substrates. Rigaku ZSX Primus 400 wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence (WD-XRF) spectrometer complies with industry standards SEMI and CE.
AZX 400 applications
- Sputtering target composition
- Isolation films: SiO2, BPSG, PSG, AsSG, Si₃N₄, SiOF, SiON, etc.
- High-k and ferro-dielectric films: PZT, BST, SBT, Ta₂O₅, HfSiOx
- Metal films: Al-Cu-Si, W, TiW, Co, TiN, TaN, Ta-Al, Ir, Pt, Ru, Au, Ni, etc.
- Electrode films: doped poly-Si (dopant: B, N, O, P, As), amorphous-Si, WSix, Pt, etc.
- Other doped films (As, P), trapped inert gas (Ne, Ar, Kr, etc.), C (DLC)
- Ferroelectric thin films, FRAM, MRAM, GMR, TMR; PCM, GST, GeTe
- Solder bump composition: SnAg, SnAgCuNi
- MEMS: thickness and composition of ZnO, AlN, PZT
- SAW device process: thickness and composition of AlN, ZnO, ZnS, SiO2 (piezo film); Al, AlCu, AlSc, AlTi (electrode film)
AZX 400 accessories
- Sample camera with special lighting allows the analysis point to be viewed on screen
- Diffraction interference rejection provides accurate results for single-crystal substrates
- Fundamental Parameters software for thin film analysis
|Product name||AZX 400|
|Technique||X-ray fluorescence (XRF)|
|Benefit||Elemental analysis of solids, liquids, powders, alloys and thin films|
|Technology||Tube below sequential wavelength dispersive (WDXRF)|
|Core attributes||3/4 kW sealed X-ray tube, 48-position autosampler, Be to U, vacuum, r-θ stage/mapping|
|Core options||He-flush, additional analyzing crystals, various sample holders, camera|
|Computer||External PC, MS Windows® OS, ZSX software|
|Core dimensions||1376 (W) x 1439 (H) x 890 (D) mm|
|Mass||Approx. 800 kg (core unit)|
|Power requirements||3Ø, 200 VAC 50/60 Hz, 8 kW|