University of East Anglia
- What was the main problem, or challenge, that you were trying to solve by buying a new diffractometer?
- Our old system was at the end of its life, and was not capable of the full range of experiments we are interested in today
- How has the new instrument from Rigaku changed the workflow in your lab ?
- The new system is much faster than the old machine, and at the same time offers greatly improved resolution. So we can do better experiments faster.
- Can you describe the single most important benefit the (SmartLab) instrument brings to your research?
- Rapid screening of samples at a resolution that in the past took long runs.
- Which other two or three features of the Rigaku system are important to you ?
- The flexible sample environment, easy to use control software and the potential to add even more abilities.
- What would you say to anyone considering making a purchase of a new SmartLab diffractometer ? Would you recommend system from Rigaku? If so, why ?
- I'd strongly recommend the system: it truly is easy to get to grips with, even for a non-specialist. The software guidance and simple hardware fittings are a game-changer for hands-on use.
- Is there anything else that you would like to add about your experience of working with SciMed/Rigaku?
- Everything has been very smooth: exactly what I look for when buying hardware.