Rigaku Innovative Technologies (RIT) specializes in x-ray optics, especially ultra-precision thin film technology-based x-ray optics. The energy spectrum of these optics ranges from Extreme Ultra-Violet (EUV) for the most advanced semi-conductor technology to hard x-rays for scientific analytical instruments. RIT’s customers are worldwide and come from both academic communities and broad industries. We are seeking a Manager for Total Quality Management to meet the growing demand and assure our customers and ourselves having confidence in our quality, cost, and efficiency.
Major responsibilities include the following:
- Working with management team and key customers, develop strategic plans and general policies for RIT’s total quality management.
- Create policies and procedures to support the functional infrastructure while creating practical strategies and specific sub-function objectives.
- By considering the nature of RIT’s business, including technologies, products, the nature of manufacturing activities and markets, develop a methodology and guideline for
- reducing risk opportunities and consequential exposures inherent to the functional performance and physical attributes of a design (a product and a service) – customer satisfaction.
- as well as reducing the risk of consequences from the assignment of overly conservative tolerances, for both the manufacturing processes of a design and for the design itself, with the ultimate goal of minimizing the need for expensive, higher-grade production processes.”– business viability.
- Establish a disciplined methodology for managing QA and QC practices. Working with R&D and manufacturing to manage
- process effectiveness and stability for production activities, by using control charts and/or other tools, to detect significant changes of mean or variation.
- continued improvement of current manufacturing QA processes by employing DMAIC process, including identifying and eliminating assignable (special) sources of variation to improve stability of processes.
- development of new manufacturing processes by employing DMADV process.
- Establish and manage a quality management team, providing companywide education and training to improve the current QA and QC functions in R&D activities and operations, functioning independently and yet fully integrated.
- Work with top management to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- BS or MS degree in quality management, or system engineering with a strong emphasis on quality management.
- Strong analytical skills, result-driven, specific problem focused, and being able to apply the theory and techniques of total quality management to RIT’s business, technologies and products.
- Fluent in proven theory and practices in the domain of total quality management, including Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and the tools such as SPC, DMAIC, DMADV, FMEA and pFMEA.
- Knowledge and experience in ISO certification process.
- At least 5 years industry experience in quality management, preferably in management or supervisory position, especially the experience in process development and process management. Experience in semiconductor industry is preferred.
- Good communication skills and ability to work with people across different disciplines.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.