Rigaku is looking for an associate software engineer to write complex applications for handheld analyzers. The successful candidate will have programming experience, good analytical capabilities, be a fast learner and a good communicator.
- Work on a team for development in an Agile environment
- Maintain existing code base and implement new features.
- Interview internal customers to develop application requirements
- Understand and follow existing programming architecture
- Design and develop complex applications using object oriented design and agile development methods.
- Learn and follow validation methods including authoring all necessary documents
- Learn the product development lifecycle and the impact on building production quality source code.
- Be ready for a challenging and rewarding career working within a fast paced “start-up” environment of a world-leader in scientific instrumentation
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field of study.
- Interest in some or all of the following areas: mathematics, signal processing, physics, and chemistry
- 2+ years of experience with C/C++ language programming either in academia or industry
- Experience developing software in a Linux environment.
- Experience or knowledge of development using Agile software development methodologies
- Familiar with Software Source Control packages & Software Development and Collaboration tools.
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills
- A highly motivated fast learner who can work independently with minimal guidance
The ideal candidate also should:
- Experience with QT
- Experience with GUI development in QML
- Experience with XML
- Linux kernel compilation
- Web development using the scripting language PHP
- Basic knowledge of analog and digital circuits, able to read schematic diagrams
- Basic Knowledge of the design and optimization of databases.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.