DIVISION: Applied Rigaku Technologies (Austin, TX)
POSITION: Purchasing Agent
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for obtaining quotes, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders, verifying receipt of items, authorizing payment as needed, cost control, and other duties assigned. Flexibility and willingness to meet changing priorities is essential.
- Responsible for on-time ordering and delivery of items forecasted.
- Cost monitoring and reduction.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price; obtain multiple quotes when needed for comparison, obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtaining approval from management as needed, sourcing new vendors as required.
- Monitoring status of purchase orders placed and expediting as needed.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to ordered; resolves shipments in error.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents (quotes, PO, etc.).
- Provides purchasing planning information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing trends.
- Request RMA from vendors and follows through to ensure credit is applied or RTV closed.
- Works closely with Manufacturing and Engineering to identify areas of concern.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Windows Office experience is required, Excel and Word a must.
- Infor Syteline experience a plus.
- Good documentation skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team; openly communicate with colleagues.
- Good communications skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 5 years’ purchasing/buying experience with the following parts:
- Machine Parts.
- Sheet Metal Parts.
- Electronic Printed Circuit Boards.
- Electromechanical components.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Must be able to meet minimum qualifications to apply.
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.