Newton Scientific, Inc. (NSI), a subsidiary of Rigaku Corporation, a global supplier of innovative analytical instruments for cutting-edge applications in biotechnology, is looking for a team player to fill the position of Electronics Encapsulation Technician.
Training will be provided to the right person who can demonstrate motivation, and willingness to learn. If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge at a growing company, we encourage you to apply today.
- Frequently weigh, measure, mix, and apply a variety of encapsulation and coating materials to electronic assemblies.
- Encapsulate various electronic assemblies to meet our high voltage module production requirements.
- Operate mixers, ovens, vacuum chambers, and related equipment to carry out encapsulation processes.
- Enter data related to encapsulation processes into our ERP system for production tracking purposes.
- Physically pick up and move up to 20 pounds at a time.
- Potentially assist with various other electro-mechanical assembly tasks as needed.
- Job responsibilities may change with business need.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work accurately and independently.
- Ability to meet and sustain production rates to support other areas per the production schedule.
- Desire to grow and learn.
- Two or more years of experience carrying out potting and encapsulating tasks, preferably for electronic assemblies and with silicone rubbers (RTV). Related bonding or coating experience in fields other than electronics is also desirable.
- Knowledge of related equipment such as pressure and vacuum chambers for encapsulation and curing is desirable.
- Experience with entering data into an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Located in the Schrafft’s City Center in Charlestown, MA – the building is conveniently located and offers many additional amenities such as a Free Shuttle to various T Line Stations, a Cafeteria, a Coffee Bar, an on-site Fitness Center, a large FREE parking lot, and hosted building wide events (Corn Hole tournament, Roof Top Garden, Holiday Festivities, etc.)
- We offer stable work hours, Monday through Friday, with the opportunity to flex your start and ending time around your commute if needed.
- Bright, open space for you to work in with a lot of large windows. We also provide ergonomic chairs and standing mats for employee comfort. Work apparel is casual.
- Effective on your start date, accrue up to four (4) weeks of Total Time Off (TTO – vacation, personal, sick time).
- Benefits that actually benefit you. Company pays 80% of the health insurance cost so that you can afford the medical coverage you need, including Telemedicine available 24 hours a day. We also offer dental insurance, vision insurance, a 401(k)-retirement plan with an employer match, disability insurance, life insurance, Educational Assistance, and more!
Rigaku offers a rewarding work environment and excellent benefits. All applicants are kept in strict confidence. Benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Life insurance, section 125 flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan and more. Rigaku is an EEO/AA Employer Disabled/Veteran. Applicants must be able to prove they can legally work in the US.